I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blue Autumn Centerpiece

When I first saw the tree centerpiece in this blog post at Everyday Mom Ideas, I just knew I had to do something with branches. 
Scrapbook paper tree


Then I saw this centerpiece at Dollar Store Crafts with a combination of pumpkins, a tray, and some other little items.


dollar store crackle pumpkins

I remembered that I already had some blue colored pumpkins from last year and went on a scavenger hunt around the house for some other items to go with them. Here's what I came up with:




The tray is actually a picture frame-I inserted white paper instead of the picture. I had the vase, candle holder, and clear marbles in a cabinet/in my craft supplies, so the only thing missing was a branch. Strangely enough, the day before we had some pretty harsh wind that broke a huge tree branch from a tree in our back yard, so I cut off a piece of the branch and my dear husband spray painted it for me with some silver spray paint we already had. The whole project only took a little while and the only price was a little time. I'm enjoying it, and I think it goes well with my colors!

I hope you're inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!