I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Diaper & Wet Wipes "Wallet"



My little guy goes into the "nursery" at church, and we usually give them his diaper bag (just in case). They only ever need diapers and wipes, though, so it seems like overkill to give them the whole bag. I've seen diaper and wipes holders,but they were more than I wanted to spend, and I figured I could make something.


Then I got to thinking about my Gift Card Holder{Wallet}. A bigger version of that would work perfectly! There'll be a pocket for diapers and a pocket for the wipes. Awesome!


So, I followed the tutorial from My So Called Green Life again, but this time I used these measurements:

  • 3 pieces measuring 15.5x10.5 inches (1 was for the interfacing, so you could do that in a different fabric or an actual interfacing).
  • 1 piece measuring 15.5x7.5 inches
In one of the first steps in the original tutorial you are supposed to fold over 1/4 of an inch and then 1/4 inch again to finish off the edge of the pocket, but I did 1/2 and inch and then 1/2 an inch. It was a little easier than folding over 1/4 inch.

I sewed three different versions. Once I got going on these, they were so easy to make!
In the first version, I used a button closure. I got the button over a little too far, but it works. :-)
The next version didn't have any closure at all. It's going to be in my husband's truck, so it won't be moving around too much. We'll see how it works...I can always add a closure later.
The last one uses a band closure. I used what was essentially a large pony tail holder (or headband) to create this closure.
Now the diapers and wipes have a nice new snugly place to stay.




I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I should make one for my SIL who is having another baby. Stopping by from the Show Me What You Got link party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and so cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this on Dare to Share. It is a great idea I wish I knew about when my kids were young. (though I am happy to be out of the diaper stage for quite awhile.. LOL!) I look forward to seeing what you share this week.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/04/dare-to-share-5.html

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!