I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Blooming and Growing{Garden Sprouts!}

This weekend sprouts started popping out of the ground in the garden!! I'm soooo excited to see all my hard work paying off. :-)


Here's one type of squash that has sprouted. I planted three different kinds. One still hasn't sprouted, so I'm crossing my fingers on that one.
Next we have some lettuce sprouting.
It's just getting started as you can see when compared to my thumb (and I have fairly small hands).
I think the carrots and spinach may be coming up too, but I'll wait until they get bigger to share pictures of those. It's a little hard to distinguish them from other things growing around them (grass, etc). 

I'm the most excited about this next one. Corn! We've never tried corn, so I'm excited to see how it will turn out. I picked seeds with the shortest growth until harvest since our growing season here in Colorado is so short. We'll see!
They're looking pretty good so far! 

While I was out looking at the garden, I also noticed that some roses have bloomed. Beautiful!
We had some birds build a nest in one of our patio lights, so I thought I'd try to get a picture of the eggs. Aren't they cute?
They're parents scare us half to death every time we walk by the light. They come flying out so quickly that it feels like they're almost attacking us! They're really just flying away from us, but it's pretty hard to get used to it. It's ok though. I don't mind dealing with it for the little baby birds that will hatch at some point. :-)

I love this time of year! It's so nice to get out in the yard. :-)

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks wonderful, fantastic pictures. Thanks Erin for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sooo exciting when little green things start to sprout!!!
    Thanks for linking up with my Super Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! It is always so exciting to see the first little sprouts!:-)

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!