I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe Thursday {Chocolate Chip Cookies}

This verse has been stuck in my head the past couple of days.
"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name."
Psalm 103:1 NLT
It's simple but where I'd like to be...praising Him with all that I do...even making chocolate chip cookies! 


Speaking of which, I've got a yummy chocolate chip cookie recipe to share with you today.
This is one of those recipes that reminds me of growing up. It was probably our favorite recipe to bake. :-)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F).


"Wet" Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Dry Ingredients
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Walnuts (optional)
Mix all of your "wet" ingredients. When you have sort of a creamy mixture, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Once your dough is mixed (it will be a little sticky, but you should be able to roll it in a ball), add your chocolate chips to taste. You can also add walnuts if you like (I never do, but my mom likes to sometimes). Just make sure you don't add too many chocolate chips and walnuts. If you add too many, the dough won't be able to stick together to form balls.

Now, spray or grease your cookie sheets. Roll balls of dough and place them on the cookies sheets; be sure to leave enough space in between the balls of dough, so that they have room to spread out. They should be 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes. They'll be a golden, caramel brown on the bottom when finished. Enjoy your cookies!

This recipe will make about 4 dozen cookies depending on the size of your cookies. If you don't want quite that many it's pretty easy to cut the recipe in half. I've included those measurements below.

Half Recipe (about 2 dozen cookies)
1/2 cup margarine or butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate chips & walnuts to taste


I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks super yummy! I love the verse you posted too, very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!