I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A 4th Of July Birthday Card

 
It looks like it's a card celebrating 4th of July doesn't it? Well, that was sort of the idea, because it was for someone who happens to have 4th of July for a birthday. Isn't that a cool day for a birthday? I think so. I mean, people celebrate your birthday with fireworks! 


It's simple, simple to make, so here we go:

  1. Start with the standard base of white card stock folded to measure 5.5x4.25 inches (you'll start with a piece 5.5x8.5 inches).
  2. Cut a  piece of red patterned paper measuring 5.25x4 inches and glue it to your base.
  3. Use a star paper punch to punch one red, one blue and one white star (I used card stock for this). Cover each star in glitter. I mention in step 8 of this post what glue I use to get my glitter to stick.  Set your stars aside.
  4.  I created a sentiment on my computer using the StarshineMF font. Cut out your sentiment. Cut a border piece for your sentiment that measures 1/4 of an inch wider and taller than your sentiment piece. For example, if your sentiment piece is 2x2 inches then your border should measure 2.25x2.25 inches. Glue the two pieces together.
  5. Attach two of the stars with a dimensional adhesive. 
  6. Attach one of the stars with two levels of dimensional adhesive. You want this piece to stand up higher than the other stars.
  7. Attach the sentiment piece with dimensional adhesive (just one layer).
There you have it!




I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday * Get Inspired Monday * The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack * Etcetorize * Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup * Ta-Da Tuesday * Tuesdays Cute Crafts & Cute Parties *Happy Family Times * Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out * Tuesday Tidbits * Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday * Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday * Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up * My Crowded Kitchen * Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party

3 comments:

  1. Glamorous card, really great for the date! I celebrated my birthday on 4th of July too. Although I am not an american girl, people here knows that 4th of July is the biggest festive in U.S. Plus my mum has the same name as a famous actress... so when I gave my datas, sometimes people thinks I am kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! I love the stars!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I so need to get my card making stuff out and work on some. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!