I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Card Week: Card 3 {Friendly Mr. Lion}

We're having a card party here at Taking Time To Create with a whole week of card posts! Read this post for more details about card week.


Welcome to the final day of Card Week! 

I'd like to introduce you to Friendly Mr. Lion. He's my absolute favorite!

Just look at that face...

And those cute feet...

He's wishing that special someone a Happy Birthday!
 

Would you like to make a Friendly Lion card of your own? 
Here's a little step-by-step just for you: 
  • Start with that standard white card stock base measuring 4.25 x 5.5 inches when folded portrait style.
  • Cut a piece of blue card stock measuring 4 x 5.25 inches and glue it to your base.
  • Cut a piece of green card stock measuring 3.75 x 5 inches and glue it to the blue piece.
  • To create Mr. Lion:
    • Start with the body...
      • I sort of free handed a template for the shape of the body (don't forget the tail!). Once you've got that created, you can cut out the shape of the body from a light yellow card stock.
      • Add the details of the feet, legs, and tail with water colors.
      • Glue onto the green piece but be sure to leave enough room for the sentiment below it.
    • The mane is just a scalloped oval (or flower) measuring about 3.5 x 3.75 inches. I used my computer to create a template. Once you have the template created, cut out the mane from orange card stock, and glue on top of the green card stock and lion body.
    • The face...
      • Cut out a circle measuring two inches in diameter. I have a tool that I used for this, but you could probably create a template using your computer. Glue to the mane.
      • Glue on the googly eyes. I just used a glue stick at first for this and they ended up falling off. Something like tacky glue will work a lot better.
      • The nose is cut from a piece of black card stock. It's basically an upside-down triangle with rounded edges, or you could think of it as a squashed strawberry without the leaves. You could also draw it with a Sharpie like the smile...
      • Draw the smile with a fine tipped Sharpie.
  • Now you're finished with Mr. Lion! Stamp your sentiment below him and you're finished!




I'm linking at these great parties:

Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack *  Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*Make It Pretty Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * Too Cute Tuesday*Tuesday's Treasures*Crafty TuesdayTrendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*Adorned From Above*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*Taking A Time Out Thursday*Eat Make Grow*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*Weekend Warmth*One Creative Weekend
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * A Pinteresting Party*Serenity Saturday
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party



4 comments:

  1. Aw, Mister Lion is adorable! I could use him in a million places! I bet all my kids would like him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of lion crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/lion-crafts/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!