I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Dr. Seuss-A-Thon Week 2 {"One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" and "Green Eggs & Ham"}



This week's books were One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham. Did anyone have a favorite? Mine most definitely was One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. After this week, I may have decided that I do not like Green Eggs and Ham. The book that is. I just couldn't get too excited about it. I know it's one of the more popular ones and many people love it, but I just like some of his other books a lot more. Don't send me too many mean emails. Just kidding. I know you wouldn't do that, right?


One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Activities
We dug out the Magnetic Fishing Game for a little fish fun. You can read how to make your own here.

We also played this fun fishing game the Little Guy got for Christmas. You can find games like it here.

Goldfish crackers are a good fish themed snack.

These fun hand shaped fish that I first saw here were fun to make.

Another fun idea that we didn't have time for this week would be to visit an aquarium or even a fish store. I think we'll save that one for Mcelligot's Pool.

This book isn't just about fish, though. It's about there being funny things everywhere, so if you really want to make an event out of it, you could try to find as many strange animals as possible by visiting the zoo or even searching for pictures online.


Source: google.com via Bea on Pinterest


Green Eggs and Ham Activities
Since I wasn't overly enthusiastic about this one, we still haven't done any activities for it (maybe Sunday), BUT I have a list of fun things for you to try nonetheless. 

You can of course make green eggs and ham. There is no end of ideas on how to actually do this, so I encourage you to check out Pinterest or just Google it. I personally decided not to go this route. I was afraid that either my son would not eat the eggs and then be ruined on eggs forever, or he would like them green so much that I would have to make them green all the time (that second one actually happened with my parents for a while--sorry Mom and Dad!). 

Since Easter is quickly approaching, you could do an egg hunt that the kid(s) have to find/pick out only the green eggs. If you have older kids, you could write rhyming words on the top and bottom of each egg for the kids to match up (something like this).

You could talk about different foods that are green, or maybe have a green dinner/lunch.

This last one is the cutest idea that I found: "Pin The Yolk On The Egg". It works just like it sounds and more info and pictures can be found here.

Do you have any more fun ideas? I'd love to hear them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sharing some of our Dr. Seuss-A-Thon activities via Instagram. If you're joining us, I'd love it if you would share too, and use #DrSeussAThon when posting.

If you need a list of the Dr. Seuss books, don't forget to check out this post.

Click here to read other Dr. Seuss-A-Thon posts.

Next Week's Books:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where I party:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!