I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Layered Paper Gift Bag {An Easy DIY}


This is an eeaaasy DIY that you can do in just a few minutes! Quickly transform a plain bag into something beautiful!

Here's how to make your very own:

You'll need a plain paper gift bag (you can find a 2 pack at the dollar store), patterned or colored paper, and tape.

Start with your plain paper bag and measure the width.

Cut 8 pieces of paper that measure 2.5-3 inches high and the same inches wide as your bag. You'll use four pieces for each side.
If you're going to scallop the edges like I did, do that on one edge of each piece. I used a paper punch, but you could also use scissors that create a decorative edge.

Optional: To create more dimension, roll each piece, so they don't just lay flat.

Start at the bottom and tape each piece/layer in place making sure to line up the edges and space them as evenly as possible. I used a few "loops" of tape on the back of each layer.

Follow these steps for each side of your back, and then you'll have your own layered gift bag!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is where I party:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!